Brother Pablo Molina
John 14:12-14 (ESV)
12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.
13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.
The disciples got together to celebrate the Passover. It was a festive occasion until Jesus broke the news that one of them was going to betray Him (John 13:21) and Peter would deny Him (John 13:38). Seemed that his mission was doomed to fail but it was going to expand instead.
1. We have a sovereign promise that enables us to do great things for God (v.12).
2. True believers surpass the work of Christ. He would use simple men to go to the ends of the earth (Acts 1:8) while his apostles only covered a small part of it. When Jesus ascended, he had only 120 disciples but on the day of Pentecost more than 3000 were baptized.
3. We have a special privilege that enables to do great things for God (v. 13). We pray to God in His name.
4. We pray to the glory of God. “Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.”
5. We pray with great expectations: verse 13 says: “Whatever you ask in My name” and verse 14 says “if you ask anything in My name.”
Are you sharing in this (His) global ministry?